TIME WITH BRAZIL FAMILY IS NOW OVER - AT LEASE FOR NOW
We have regrouped, refreshed and are now recharged to head out once again to Eastern Europe and Central Asia. I (Ruby) leave on the 9th for Ukraine, on to Russia and then end up in Kyrgyzstan. Lynn leaves a week later for Ukraine and meets up with me in Kyrgyzstan - where we will be until the end of April.
But while we were regrouping - lots continued to be going on in Kg and Ukraine. One very exciting event was a training event Olga coordinated with Larissa and the team - for moms of disabled children. LAMb invited a professional who works with children with Cerebral Palsy to teach the moms how to do therapeutic massage. Great event and great gift to the moms. Two full days of wonderful learning. We will have pictures later - and thank the Canadian sponsor who made this happen.
And our children at Dayspring and Jeremiah house are doing well in school. There are daily challenges, but the children are growing, sharing so many difficult stories about abuse, neglect and disappointments. They have opened their hearts to Gulnara, Olga and Costa. They have experienced so many difficult moments in their lives. One major statement from one of our new girls. "It is so clear you treat us really good here and we do not need to worry about being hit." Jeremiah House - three wonderful young boys - Dayspring 10 wonderful children - 9 girls and 1 very young boy. (Two of the children are the birth children of the Litveninkos.)
So what is happening next?
1. We had a wonderful time with family and of ministry in Brazil. I have added the video here that I presented at the Sunday service at Harvest Branch - along with a challenge for the Church to take up the cause of the child who has been orphaned. Opening their hearts to the challenge for a) Uberlandia Without Orphans; b) Brazil Without Orphans and c) A WORLD WITHOUT ORPHANS. The Church "got it!" Using James 1:27 as the foundation for the challenge.
Let's continue to pray for them to become fully activated and motivated to step out. Pastor Francisco and Pastor Fabiano are working diligently together to serve the Kingdom and we were so honoured to be asked to serve in the church of the Harvest Branch, Uberlandia, Brazil.
NOTE: The video is in Portuguese - but you will recognize the song - Days of Elijah!
2. Lynn shared/preached the sermon on Walk the Walk. Once again challenging the church to open their hearts and activate their steps for serving. It was a blessing for both of us to be invited once again to minister in this church.
3. Next Stop - Ukraine: Ruby will be working with leaders in Ukraine - training and consultation. Lynn will be teaching at a Bible School and doing some additional leadership training for ILDC.
4. Training and consultation in Russia for Ruby and then on to Kyrgyzstan with Lynn to further the work of LAMb with Dayspring, Jeremiah Project and just a lot of other important activities. STAY TUNED FOR SOME AWESOME NEWS FROM THERE.
5. Pastor David and Jayne will join us in Kyrgyzstan after they too will have spent a number of days in Ukraine training and teaching - in Kg to be working in training and with the University. Students are the future of Kyrgyzstan!
6. Then Pastor David and Jayne will be off to Poland for more of the same. Training in the area of Trauma and the impact on children in the orphanages.
7. The Wrights will be in Kyrgyzstan as well, so we will have a strong presence to serve in the months ahead.
8. But that is not all - Pastor Glen was in Nicaragua in February and we have a newly motivated team developing for there - Jenna, Angela and Edwardo - stay tuned for some major news from there.
9. And of course - Pastor Glen is moving on to El Salvador. God is Great - God is Good and our team is serving the Kingdom in awesome ways.
Blessings to you from the LAMb Team
WANT TO COORDINATE OR EVEN JOIN A SHORT TERM MISSION TEAM? CONTACT US!
YOU TOO CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN CREATING
A WORLD WITHOUT ORPHANS
AND OF COURSE - Follow the blog..for lots of updates.